Hard Drive Destruction in New York
Physical files are not the only way for identity thieves to steal your private information. Your hard drives also need to be destroyed before they leave your possession.
This is required for compliance with privacy laws on New York state and federal levels, including HIPAA and FACTA. Simply wiping a hard drive clean of your files is not enough to ensure they cannot be recoverable, as all files are in fact recoverable from a hard drive regardless whether or not they have been erased.
There are mainly three reasons why hard drive shredding is a better solution.
- Security: there is a focus on keeping data secure through the whole process. The process complies with regulations, such as HIPAA, and overall maintaining clear form of confidentiality.
- Time Efficiency: the process focuses on your needs, so you can drop off your hard drives or, depending on local providers, simply have someone come pick them up.
- Cost: The entire process is easy and affordable. Most hard drive shredding services cost about $4-$12 per drive. The cost incurred go towards completely covering electronic assets.
You must be vigilant in discovering all the hidden hard drives around your home and office aside from the one in your desktop computer. These hard drives often contain a copy of every file they’ve ever received.
Here’s a list of some hard drives you might have forgotten to collect:
- USB removable media such as pen drives, thumb drives, flash drives and sticks
- Memory cards, including SD, SDHC, MMC, compact flash, microdrive and memory sticks
- Legacy magnetic media like floppy drives, zip disks and magnetic tapes
- Embedded flash on boards and devices, including motherboards and peripheral cards such as network adapters or any other adapter containing non volatile flash memory
- Biomedical devices such as physiologic monitors, infusion pumps, ventilators, MRI, CT, and diagnostic ultrasound and laboratory analyzers
- Optical media, including CDs and DVDs
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers
- Mobile devices like cell phones, smart phones, PDAs, tablets and laptops
- PC hard drives
- RAM and ROM-based storage devices
To be sure your data is secure, there is no better way than to physically destroy the hard drive. Hard drive destruction can be done at your New York City location or at a secure plant. The pieces are then melted down for metal recycling. This is absolute destruction.
Hard drive destruction is a critical step in protecting your electronic information. Additionally, it can be key to protecting the environment. After the shredding process, the hard drives are properly disposed of while compliant with EPA regulations. Additionally, services follow all state hazardous waste requirements. Keep your information safe while also protecting your planet.
Don’t Put Your Data at Risk – Get FREE Quotes on Hard Drive Destruction in NYC Today!
New York Paper Shredding Service understands the security threats that digital data is vulnerable to, which is why we provide secure, compliant destruction options of the hard drives and all your electronic media devices. Ensure your safety by contacting New York Paper Shredding Service to discuss which devices you are in possession of that may pose a threat to your or your business’ security. Fill out the form to the left , or give us a call at (212) 918-1863 for free quotes today!
New York, NY 10005
Phone: (212) 918-1863